NN Jr. CAMP Leaders (ages 7 and up) are offered a wonderful all-outdoor, community-based opportunity for personal growth and learning while having a positive impact on young children (ages 3-6) from their own community. Jr. CAMP Leaders are mentored by Nature Nurture founder, Linda Constant, to aid in their development of personal and leadership qualities such as confidence, organization and more, as well as Nature Nurture hallmark traits such as mindfulness, good character and social awareness coupled with its’ three core principles of Safety, FUN and Respect for nature, others and ourselves.
In addition to the above, Jr. CAMP Leaders will gain experience for future employment and/or references, and the potential (if they are interested) to learn about the ins and outs of entrepreneurship and what it means to have responsibility for a successful business, the classes and most importantly the children.
At the beginning of each CAMP day, the Jr. CAMP Leader and NN founder will meet and discuss leadership topics such as goal setting, decision-making and review the three core principles of NN: Safety, FUN and Respect for nature, others and ourselves.
The first thing we want for all Jr. CAMP Leaders is to simply be present and have FUN. At NN, we believe that by taking care of ourselves first (hint: being mindful about our own Safety, making sure we are having FUN and showing Respect to ourselves), we are then best able to take care of others.
We encourage all Jr. CAMP Leaders (as well, of course, campers) to speak up and ask for what they want/need. Many organizations have an ‘open door policy’. At NN, we are proud to have an ‘open-heart and mind policy’.
- Attend each day of CAMP
- Assist Lead Teacher as needed
- Be kind to the children (and of course, nature, others and yourself)
- Learn and practice the art of:
- saying ‘yes’ as often as possible’ to the children
- feeling and showing acceptance rather than judgment
- honoring all living things, including nature others and yourself
- Be open to meeting new ideas with an open mind
- Ask questions and stand up for your own choices and voice
- Be open and/or learn about and practice accepting constructive criticism
- Be mindful about NN’s three core principles of Safety, FUN and Respect for nature, others and self.
Discounted Early Registration Rate: $315 through March 1, 2016
Standard Registration Rate: $330 March 2-June 12, 2016 $350 June 13-Aug 19, 2016
To Register, click Register Now.