Created and based on the same premise as Nature Nurture's Core ROOTS class, Nature Nurture Summer CAMP is about Safety, FUN, and Respect while children learn and practice the art of honoring (being kind to) all living things including others and themselves. Rich, exciting and personally-chosen hands on experiences with nature, knowledge, negotiation, and the basic niceties of life provide your child with lots of opportunities to explore and expand their world, imagination and character, while creating life-long skills and memories.
- Mornings or Afternoons
- 8:30 – 11:30 ages 3 – 4s
- 1:30 – 4:30 ages 4 – 6s
- Monday through Fridays
- (6) campers & (2) teachers / class
- (1) Junior CAMP Leader / class (morning and afternoon class)
- Different adventures every day
- Kid-friendly & paced hikes
- Dirt, bugs, & climbing trees
- Time for play, snack, exploration…
- Even time for rest for those who’d like
- Picnics on a hill, beach, field, or even in the forest
- Song, dance, & dramatic play
- Nature Nurture created games
- Presidi-Go bus rides around the Park: Feed carrots to a horse, find shells along the beach, discover new trails, turn over rocks and discover what lives underneath, learn and practice the art of honoring all living things, including others and yourself, while having FUN, FUN and More FUN!!
Our Junior Nature Nurture CAMP Leader program has become a huge success since its inception in 2009. Be sure to sign your child up early if they are interested in being a Junior Nature Nurture CAMP Leader…as there is only (1) Junior CAMP Leader per class.
To find out more about this program, please call (415 751-4000) or send an email to email@example.com. To register, click Register Now.
3 hour drop off.
We spend all time outdoors filled with adventures, exploration, safety, fun and respect.
Please send your child in with a small, healthy snack. (Please note we honor a NO-NUT policy in all Nature Nurture classes).
NN Jr. CAMP Leaders (ages 7 and up) are offered a wonderful all-outdoor, community-based opportunity for personal growth and learning while having a positive impact on young children (ages 3-6) from their own community. Jr. CAMP Leaders are mentored by Nature Nurture founder, Linda Constant, to aid in their development of personal and leadership qualities such as confidence, organization and more, as well as Nature Nurture hallmark traits such as mindfulness, good character and social awareness coupled with its’ three core principles of Safety, FUN and Respect for nature, others and ourselves.
In addition to the above, Jr. CAMP Leaders will gain experience for future employment and/or references, and the potential (if they are interested) to learn about the ins and outs of entrepreneurship and what it means to have responsibility for a successful business, the classes and most importantly the children.
At the beginning of each CAMP day, the Jr. CAMP Leader and NN founder will meet and discuss leadership topics such as goal setting, decision-making and review the three core principles of NN: Safety, FUN and Respect for nature, others and ourselves.
The first thing we want for all Jr. CAMP Leaders is to simply be present and have FUN. At NN, we believe that by taking care of ourselves first (hint: being mindful about our own Safety, making sure we are having FUN and showing Respect to ourselves), we are then best able to take care of others.
We encourage all Jr. CAMP Leaders (as well, of course, campers) to speak up and ask for what they want/need. Many organizations have an ‘open door policy’. At NN, we are proud to have an ‘open-heart and mind policy’.
- Attend each day of CAMP
- Assist Lead Teacher as needed
- Be kind to the children (and of course, nature, others and yourself)
- Learn and practice the art of:
- saying ‘yes’ as often as possible’ to the children
- feeling and showing acceptance rather than judgment
- honoring all living things, including nature others and yourself
- Be open to meeting new ideas with an open mind
- Ask questions and stand up for your own choices and voice
- Be open and/or learn about and practice accepting constructive criticism
- Be mindful about NN’s three core principles of Safety, FUN and Respect for nature, others and self.
Discounted Early Registration Rate: $315 through March 1, 2016
Standard Registration Rate: $330 March 2-June 12, 2016 $350 June 13-Aug 19, 2016
To Register, click Register Now.
OPEN Enrollment begins Jan 25, 2017. Take advantage of our Discounted Early Registration $320 through March 1, 2017, and our Rolled-Back to 2012 rates of $345 (Standard Registration March 2 - June 11) and $355 (June 12 - August 18, 2017). Spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note our policy does not permit us to hold spots (no exceptions). If you are not on our email list and would like to be receive Nature Nurture enrollment dates, notifications and updates, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write: Please add me to NN email list.
With Purchase of Refund Insurance:
through end of day May 1, 2017: CAMP fee refunded 100%.
On or After May 2, 2017 with at least two weeks’ notice in writing prior to the designated week(s), full credit given toward classes taken during Summer CAMP 2017 and through May 25, 2018.
Any credits not used between June 12, 2017 and May 25, 2018 will not be refunded. Sorry, no exceptions.
Without Refund Insurance:
CAMP fee is nonrefundable. Sorry, no exceptions.
Is your child new to the Summer CAMP program, or are you looking for more information about Nature Nurture?
Please review our frequently asked questions.