Children having outdoor FUN, being mentored by Nature Nurture founder, Linda Constant,
exploring nature and making friend and nature connections while enhancing, learning and practicing
the fine art of 'honoring all living things, including others and themselves'.
- 'mindful', Respectful and FUN age-appropriate hikes
- learn all aspects of Health, Safety and Outdoor Etiquette
- includes nutrition, awareness of surroundings, difference between on and off trail, how to identify gardens (not always as obvious as one would think), proper attire, and more.
- Class size: Maximum 6 children and 2 NN-trained teachers (NN founder is lead teacher)
- Weekly Field trip-like Atmosphere, filled with opportunities for children to:
- Meander and Explore at Children's Pace, Interests, and Developmental Stages
- Look with Awareness, Listen with Eyes Closed, Smell Deeply and Touch Gently
- 'mindful' Experiences, Discoveries and Hands-on, Curious, Respectful Engagement with Nature
- Enhance, Learn and Practice the fine art of 'honoring all living things, including others and self'.
- Thursdays (Golden Gate Park) - Drop off at Main Gate (aka South Gate) on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive (near intersection of 9th and Lincoln).
Note: Pick up at same location as drop off
Thursday class in Golden Gate Park is two hour drop off.
We spend all time outdoors filled with adventures, exploration, Safety, Fun and Respect.
On any day it IS raining, HAS rained, or LOOKS like rain, please send your child in with rain gear: rain coat with hood (or rain hat), boots and even rain pants if s/he has them. No umbrellas please.
Thursday class in Golden Gate Park:
Due to length of class, we will not be having a formal sit-down 'snack time'. Teachers will carry water and cups for children. Children are also welcome to bring and carry their own water bottles, as well as easy-to-eat fruit, veggies and/or bars without nuts if you think they'll need a snack, and in particular, some protein during our two hour class.
Early PRIORITY Enrollment for WINTER/Spring 2017 session: through Sunday, September 25, 2016.
Register before or by end of day September 25, 2016 and receive 10% discount off session rate*.
PRIORITY Enrollment for WINTER/Spring 2017 session: Sept 26 – October 10, 2016.
Open Enrollment: for WINTER/Spring 2017 session begins October 11, 2016, however, you may register at any time.**
NOTE: Early PRIORITY and PRIORITY Enrollment apply to all families enrolled in Fall 2016 session keeping same class and time.
* Discounts may not be combined.
**Please note if you are not enrolled in Fall 2016, and you submit a registration for WINTER/Spring 2017 before October 11th, it will be held in a pending status until October 10th. You will be notified on or shortly after October 11th if we still have available spots. The benefits of registering before Open Enrollment is that all Open Enrollment registrations will be given first-come, first-served status after PRIORITY Enrollment registrations.
Refund Insurance: $45.
Refund Insurance must be purchased at time of enrollment (registration).
With Purchase of Refund Insurance:
Before or by November 15, 2016:Any monies (excluding non-refundable deposit and refund insurance) already paid are refunded 100%.
On or after November 16, 2016:With at least two weeks' notice in writing prior to withdrawing from session, a credit for remaining classes not taken is given. This credit may be used for any available classes taken during WINTER/Spring 2017 and/or Summer CAMP 2017. (This credit is not transferable.)Any credits not used between September 6, 2016 and end of WINTER/Spring 2017 (May 26, 2017) will not be refunded or available. Sorry, no exceptions.
Without Refund Insurance:
No refunds or credits. Sorry, no exceptions.
Is your child new to the 'mindful' Adventures program, or are you looking for more information about Nature Nurture?
Please review our frequently asked questions.